Friday 25 February 2011

Mother's Day......don't forget!

I've just logged in and found to my horror that it has been almost 12 months since I last updated my blog. In my defence it has been a fairly tough year, but now I'm back and am going to try and update this page every few weeks. I know you probably don't believe me, but I really am going to try!

Anyway, Mother's Day.........don't forget to get your card and pressie in plenty of time. This year, it's Sunday 3rd April, so there is plenty of time to get something really special for our lovely Mommies. It doesn't have to be expensive (especially as most of us are finding money a bit tight!), it really is the thought that counts. This year we have some gorgeous cottage hearts that are filled with either rose petals or extra aromatic lavender. These are much larger than our standard hearts, and look almost like a small cushion. They are beautiful when hung on the wall, or on a bed post......the possibilities are endless! Priced at £7.50, they won't break the bank and if you let us know in plenty of time, we can even make one specifically to a requested colour scheme for no extra cost.

Our Mother's Day cards are available online, with the 'Yummy Mummy' card being a popular choice this year. Again, all of our Mother's Day cards can be personalised, so just let us know and we'll take care of the rest!


I have spent much of the past year having various surgeries on my knee, and consequently have spent a lot of time sat on my bum. Although I haven't been working all that much, we have been thinking up new ideas. Some of these are slowly being realised, and will be making their first apearances at the fairs and online in the next few weeks. Just to give you an idea, we have beautiful little owls, fabric flower garlands that are perfect for little girl's bedrooms, and little pot pourri bags to hang in your cupboards full of zingy citrus fruits or beautiful rose buds. I will update the blog with pictures as and when they are completed, but keep your eyes peeled, as it won't be long!


Our teacup candles are available online once again, but with only one of each, you need to get in there quick! Perfect Mother's Day gifts, they are gorgeous when lit, and can be used afterwards for a lovely cup of tea. My personal favourite is the very pretty Rosebud Trio shown in the photograph. We will be adding our own scented tealights to the website in the next week or so, and together they make a lovely present. If you are interested in buying the tealights and they are not yet available online, just let us know and we can add them to your order. Available in a light floral scent, or sweet vanilla, they are made from high quality soy wax, and are presented in a beautiful little organza bag. Priced at only £2.50 for four, it would be a shame not to try them!

Our first fair of the year is at Southwell Minster next weekend (Saturday 5th March), and it would be lovely to see anyone who is in the area. Many of our new products will be there, and we are hoping for a lovely day in the most spectacular of settings. We are constantly updating our 'Upcoming Events' list at the moment, with new fairs added every week, many of them at new venues.

It's time for me to get back to sewing, but I will be writing again in a week or so, so I will speak to you all again soon.

Take care
Lyndsay x

No comments:

Post a Comment